Security State Bank in Lewiston received its official charter on August 15, 1905. The Bank has been operating continually since that time. During the Depression, there were two banks in Lewiston--Security State Bank and First State Bank. First State Bank was forced to close. Security State Bank survived and prospered.
A new bank building was constructed in 1965-1966 and Security State Bank moved into its new home in June of 1967. There were four employees at that time.